Saturday, November 15, 2008

How to Save Money if a Deep Recession or Depression Comes

I placed $2000.00 in a mutual fund in 1999 to start up a Roth IRA. At the time all of the “experts” were saying the same thing they do now – Over the long term, you’ll make at least seven percent on your investment. Now nine years later, that original $2000.00 plus another $1000.00 invested in the same fund sits at $543.00. Hmm…let’s see…that’s a negative $2457.00 in earnings and I don’t even know what the percentage would be. I haven’t put much money in that mutual fund over the years but I have in other various retirement accounts and I would say overall I’ve lost at least 25 percent. I did find a way, though, to save some money (even if banks fail and the FDIC can’t cover them) and have simplified it into five easy steps for you.

1.Pay your bills and pay for enough food and water until your next paycheck.

2.Go to your bank and withdraw the remaining money.

3.Proceed cautiously home with your money.

4.Place the paper money under your mattress. Place the coins in a jar.

Repeat steps 1 through 4.

Tips & Warnings

  • ProTip: Don’t think about stealing my coin jar, you would hardly be able to lift it up.
By ehow.com

No comments: